Monday screenings: SOUTHLAND TALES, 9.5. 20h R115
- R:Richard Kelly,Samuel Goldwyn , USA 2006
- after Donnie Darko it seems Richard Kelly was free to do whatever he wanted. and he decided to go to the end of the world – again and a very american one aswell. there he lost himself with the wheel of madnass and cynicism.
- how very surprised he was when the cannes film festival accepted his application and even put the film into the 2006 competition.
- this is the last of california films to be shown at monday screenings. kellys l.a. saga released in 3 graphic novels and a feature film (consisting of 3 parts) tells the story of boxer santaros (dwayne ‘the rock’ johnson) loss of memory and entanglement in a neomarxist underground organization uprising while the californian government after peakoil and 2 atomic catastrophies engages a german scientist to built a huge power plant close to the shore of l.a. generating power out of ocean current — and with this distracting the rotation rate of the planet.
- one of jeff goldblums favorite popfilms with a wonderful soundtrack and an amazing crew: sarah michelle gellar, justin timberlake, sean william scott.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink